Following on from the weekly meetings held in July on the 4 August 1766 a General Board meeting was held. This was a very busy meeting and amongst the items discussed were the appointment of the apothecary, Mr Lefebvre. His salary was to be £25 a year with a gratuity of £5 if he behaved well the highest salary of all the staff at the time. They also decided that there should not be a surety taken for the burial of patients.
They decided that the Matron’s Salary should be £10 and a gratuity of not more than £5 be given her and advertisement be placed in the Cambridge paper,‘ denoting the salary’.
This was followed with a lot of discussion on the lease of the hospital being made to the Earl of Hardwicke being the first President of the Hospital, the secretary Mr John Haggerstone was elected with a salary of £10 and finally they agreed that the Weekly Board ‘should proceed to furnish the Infirmary!’